Thursday, September 1, 2011

to you and you. my beloved.

a while back - 8 years ago in fact - i was still a naive overseas students who amazed at the rich supply of produce of Australia and had so much spare time to play around the often spacious kitchen in the Melbourne household. spare time and space back then also means an enormous collection of recipe books and magazines, some of which i still keep and pour over again and again with sparkling eyes. i was more leaning towards baking then. cookies, muffins, brownies... nibbles that were as good at satiating my sweet tooth as at sending over to friends and family (in hk!) to express my love for them.

this love, some years on, has evolved into more substantial experiments in the kitchen, especially when the time came where i actually had to whip up meals in a two-people world. the idea of doing what your mother used to do every day may sound tedious to many, let alone many girls of my age.
but for me, labouring over and over in the kitchen is less about eating or a routine than an act of love and care and for self fulfillment. and i treasure and embrace most of these opportunities dearly.

one of my most memorable meals - lunch at Paringa Estate overlooking the vineyards of Mornington Peninsula

then one day, i think i just need to record down these magical moments and perhaps share some of my culinary creation to fellow ardent cooks.

most recipes here were from our table for two (hence the blog name!), and occasionally from table for more. as a new player to blogging and recipe writing i strive to try my best with ingredients and cooking instructions, though please pardon me should there be any confusion or mistakes. and pardon me on the poor photography too...

occasionally i might be mesmorising or throwing tantrum over restaurants i visited, and
in which you shall i'm always a real fussy bitchy customer - but, hey, i know things!

sometimes a wine review perhaps -
although i'm intending to set up a separate blog in the near future dedicating solely to my luxurious alcoholic pursuit.

and more occasionally,
a couple of unbearably memorable posts of my unbearably cute Exotic feline!

in any case, i hope anyone who drop by will enjoy my cooking (and the little fluffy devil!). and i wish to invite you and you to our table some day!



here comes the little devil!

No comments:

Post a Comment